Position Summary: The Service Assistant maintains the restaurant’s interior and exterior keeping all areas clean and organized. Keeps dining room tables clean and sanitized. Maintains an adequate supply of pots and pans, dishes, glassware, utensils and ice in service areas throughout shift. Keeps the front and back of the house area clean, organized and stocked at all times to provide timely guest service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Busses, cleans and resets tables.
- Checks restrooms and hand washing stations every half hour for cleanliness and supplies.
- Maintains exterior curb appeal, keeps restaurant exterior and parking lot free of debris.
- Maintains restaurant interior to be clean, safe, and inviting for guests and employees.
- Regularly cleans and inspects dish machine and other machinery as required, maintains proper dish machine chemical levels.
- Properly sorts and washes all dishware and promptly replenishes kitchen and dishware in service areas.
- Immediately cleans up spills and broken glasses and dishes.
- Addresses complaints and requests promptly in a courteous manner and notifies the supervisor of any issues.
- Assists with stocking deliveries, rotates perishable stock in accordance with standards.
- Performs side work and other deep cleaning duties assigned.
- Willingly assists others without being asked.
- All other tasks and duties assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Meets Denny’s uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Possesses excellent guest service skills.
- Able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions.
- Places value on diversity and shows respect for others.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds throughout shift: places items on high and low shelves in store rooms, service areas, walk in coolers and freezers.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grasp.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in work area.
- Must be able to work inside and outside the building.
- Must be able to observe wares for cleanliness and chemical labels for safe handling.
- Must be able to stand and walk a 4 to 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in water.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs.
- Must meet any state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns and about food handling.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas.
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous materials.