Position Summary: The cook prepares and presents food to order following menu and food specifications and timing standards. Adheres to all federal, state, and local safe food handling regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, cooks, and presents food to order following established company brand standards, guidelines, and recipe specifications.
- Follows correct prepping procedures, utilizing prep charts, properly stores and rotates perishable stock.
- Maintains proper food temperatures in accordance with Denny’s Brand Standards, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepares special orders as requested.
- Maintains stock to shift par levels.
- Correctly calls the wheel when necessary.
- organizes and maintains work areas, coolers, storage areas.
- Assist as needed with product inventory and deliveries.
- Cleans and takes proper care of ranges, ovens, boilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment.
- Adheres to all safe food handling principles.
- Completes side work and deep cleaning assignments correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possesses strong product and menu knowledge.
- Monitors waste and other food cost controls.
- Addresses complaints and concerns promptly in a courteous manner and notifies the supervisor of any issues.
- Assist Service Assistants.
- All other tasks and duties assigned.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must have basic math skills, including understanding of units of measure.
- Must meet and state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Meets Denny’s uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50lbs throughout shift: places items on high and low shelves in store rooms, service areas, walk in coolers and freezers.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grasp.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area.
- Must be able to work inside and outside the building.
- Must be able to read tickets, recipes, and product specifications and observe wares for cleanliness.
- Must be able to stand and walk during a 4 to 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns and about food handling.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas.
- Must be able to work with potentially hazardous materials.